Are you on the hunt for an engaging and creative customer service opportunity?
We’re looking for you!
Do you have experience in retail or customer service but are looking to work in an environment where you can really showcase your unique personality and use this to deliver first-class service? Can you easily engage in conversation and form relationships with new people quickly? Do you have an open and approachable personality which allows you to react to the needs of those around you? Are you organised, enthusiastic and motivated to go that extra mile? If this sounds like you, continue reading to find out more about our exciting new opportunity to be a destination host at Grosvenor.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Thoroughly understand the fundamentals of the shopping centre, promote and embrace our vision and values, acting as a brand ambassador always.
- Lead by example, inspire and motivate your team to deliver an “experience” whilst achieving team and individual goals.
- Utilise guidance from the leadership team to take appropriate action to address any performance problems.
- Monitor and maintain levels of support across all areas of service.
- Proactively support and participate in site engagement, team activities and volunteering.
- Support the management team with a timetable of events and activity in the ‘Gather’ space within the centre.
- Curate a home from home environment within Grosvenor Shopping Centre that is inviting and exciting.
- Oversee the health and safety of occupants, ensuring all paperwork is in place.
- Always have an eye on the security, cleaning, and maintenance and to ensure any issues are flagged and resolved.
- On a more strategic level, suggest ideas to improve the setup and running of these key functions.
- Provide a point of support for occupants of the shopping destination and be seen as customer focused and an organiser. This destination host will be the person known to many and actively engage in conversations and activities beyond the day-to-day operational fixes.
- Be reliable, flexible, honest and a strong advocate for Grosvenor Shopping Centre.
Focus on people
- Actively and positively engage with colleagues, occupants and visitors to quickly build relationships and create a community feel.
- Anticipate the needs of visitors to the shopping destination and follow up to ensure that all expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Troubleshoot using research and problem-solving skills independently.
- Take ownership and responsibility ensuring you are working effectively and developing close relationships.
- Handle all queries efficiently but effectively and supply relevant information as required and appropriate.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot issues before they become a problem.
- Create a sense of community and fun with all at Grosvenor.
Preferred experience & knowledge
- Retail/ customer service focused background, with a minimum of two years’ experience.
- Immaculate personal presentation with a genuine smile.
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to differing client needs.
- Diplomatic and able to dissolve awkward situations.
- Organised and able to prioritise work activity.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written (email particularly).
- Local knowledge of the immediate area and wider retail in proximity to the shopping destination.
- Literacy with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel to intermediate level essential.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety processes and own responsibilities at work.
How to apply
We are recruiting for both a destination host and a senior destination host with a salary ranging from £22-25K, subject to experience as detailed above.
If you like what you’ve read and are eager to find out more about the destination host role, get in touch today. Please send your CV to Patricia Lara Rojas: firstname.lastname@example.org.