Working hours: 19:00-23:00
Working days: 5 days a week (various days as per schedule)
Pay Rate: 9.01 per hours
Contract: 20 hrs per week
Common Cleaning Team Objectives
- Cleaners are responsible for carrying out cleaning and associated duties throughout The Grosvenor Shopping Centre in both the public and back of house service areas by completing both planned and reactive tasks. Duties may vary depending on the shift worked and the time of the year.
- To respond to emergencies and assist with the evacuation and searching of the buildings by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response procedures.
- To report to the Cleaning Team Leader & Soft Services Manager with procedural duties related to the cleaning as required.
- Presentable in appearance and positive in approach to duties
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Provide an immediate response to any major/minor incident occurring
- Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, buffing and vacuum cleaning of designated areas to the required standard.
- To collect all waste and recyclables and transport to the disposal area.
- To clean toilets, baby change, and rest room facilities to the required standard and to ensure that consumables are replenished as required.
- To monitor all floor surfaces removing litter and chewing gum and to ensure spillages are cleaned up immediately before they become a hazard.
- Spray cleaning, scrubbing and polishing of floor.
- To use powered equipment where necessary (ride on and pedestrian scrubbing machines, wet vac machines, sweeping machines, pressure washers, escalator cleaning machines, vacuum cleaners).
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed.
- To remove waste and operate waste equipment when trained to do so.
- Clearing up after flooding and/or any other emergency cleaning.
- To remove snow, spread ice melt and display Slippery Floor signage to ensure that all surfaces are safe.
- To report defects noticed in the course of your duties
- To comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to equipment, cleaning chemicals, safety notices and signage.
- This is not an all-inclusive list and Duty Cleaners will be expected to undertake any other duties which may be regarded as within the duties and responsibilities of the post
- To undertake the required trainings for the role.