|JOB TITLE||Security officer|
|LOCATION||Grosvenor Shopping Centre – Northampton|
|The security officer role plays an integral part in ensuring that consistently high standards of security, safety and customer care are always delivered to the Grosvenor Shopping Centre.
In the Mitie security service line, we strive to achieve quality in everything we do. This means ensuring that we continue to offer innovative services to our clients which positively contribute to providing a safe environment for customers, visitors, contractors, and colleagues.
Common Security Team Objectives are to:
· Maintain and where possible enhance the security and safety of our customers, their staff, visitors, contractors and working colleagues.
· Protect the assets of the customer by following site procedures and being aware of best practice of manned guarding techniques/processes.
· Ensure the security and safety of the facility.
· Effectively organise and manage workloads as required without compromising the quality of the service provision.
· Respond to emergencies and assist with the evacuation and searching of the facility by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response plan
· To fully embrace the Centres BOLD values. Belong, Ownership, Lead and Deliver.
|MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES|
|To include but not be exhaustive of:
· Attend meetings as required and provide reports and recommendations on the activities of the security operation.
· Be committed to health & safety and ensure that you are familiar with all customer and Mitie’s health & safety policies and procedures. Police and encourage observance with all site security & safety policies, in particular ensuring that the health & safety, access control, key control, and site smoking policies are observed and enforced.
· Perform at the start/end of each tour of duty verification checks of all the security equipment located within the areas of work ensuring that all systems are fully operational and where they are not, initiate corrective action.
· Respond to all incidents in a timely and effective manner by managing the activities of all affected persons, always aimed to safeguard the assets of the customer, following any incident, complete an incident report as soon as practicable.
· Maintain all required records as directed by line management to ensure that full transparency of events and their handling is possible.
· Act responsibly when receiving and holding all site keys.
· As required, undertake necessary entry, and exit searches at the designated access/egress points in times of heightened security states of alert.
· Manage a polite and effective meet and greet service to all staff, customers and visitors of The Grosvenor Shopping Centre whilst strictly observing access control procedures.
· Report building/equipment fault reports where appropriate escalating to the account manager where necessary – this may necessitate additional support calls being logged with PCC.
· At the start/end of each tour of duty ensure that the prescribed unlock/lockdown procedures are conducted correctly
· Undertake all necessary patrols.
· Prevent unauthorised access to the site challenging those believed to be unauthorised trespassers and assist visitors around the site.
· Follow assignment instructions.
· Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management.
· Operation and control of security monitoring CCTV, building fire and intruder alarm systems.
|ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS|
|· Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
· Control of visitors: ensure visitor, contractors and drivers are signed in/out and directed to the reception or contractor office to await host. Contact host upon visitor arrival.
· Assist with the ‘induction of visitors’ where practicable (non-peak times)
· Produce emergency roll call report.
· Produce and check on site presence report prior to site lock up – investigate and report any anomalies.
· Receipt of inbound and deliveries – cross check documentation with delivery driver and liaise with Operations.
· Give clear instructions to direct traffic and HGV’s to the appropriate location on site
· Keep pedestrian walkways and car parking areas hazard free including adverse weather conditions.
· Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorised persons.
· Answer telephone calls, take messages, and provide information during non-business hours.
· Inform local Management team of any potential non-compliance with procedure, standard or regulation.
· To be flexible to the needs of the business with the willingness to work days, nights, weekends and Bank holidays as required.
|· CORE SKILLS|
|· Clear communicator
· Ability to use multiple monitoring systems (CCTV/fire/life safety/BMS)
· Customer care focus
· Good awareness of health & safety best practice with the ability to undertake dynamic risk assessments
|· PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS|
|· Good communication skills – written and spoken
· A knowledge of CCTV operations and intruder alarm systems and operating standards
· A working knowledge of manned guarding operations best practise standards
· Problem solver very much solution driven
· SIA front line licence holder – Door Supervisor (Required)
· PSS CCTV license (Advantageous)
|· PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES|
|· Be motivated
· Be energised
· Be enthusiastic
To apply, please email [email protected]