We are looking for a Security Officer to join an existing team to maintain secure operations across a Shopping Centre in Northampton. The post holder will take responsibility for providing a comprehensive security service across the site, meeting both the contractual KPIs and compliance guidelines.
The post holder will be the first point of contact for all staff, subcontractors, members of the public and visitors accessing the site. As such, it is essential that they conduct themselves in a highly professional, customer friendly and focussed manner at all times.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on a rostered basis, in order to provide a responsive 24/7 cover which will consist of a 4 on 4 off shift rotation from days to nights.
- The successful candidate must live within reasonable travelling distance of the Northampton area.
- Candidates will hold an SIA DS and CCTV licenses (if you do not hold a CCTV License, Training can be provided the right candidate)
- COSHH Awareness & Cleaning task knowledge would be desirable.
- Customer Service – Exceptional customer service skills are essential. You must possess excellent communication abilities and have a proven track record of effectively resolving customer issues or escalating them as needed.
- Undertake relevant duties to ensure the security and safety of buildings, equipment, staff, and other legitimate users of the facility.
- Prevent unauthorised access to the site challenging those believed to be unauthorised trespassers and assist visitors around the site.
- Implement and follow response plans and standard operating procedures for predetermined events in line with Assignment Instructions and Interserve Operating Procedures.
- Conduct regular site patrols.
- Coordination and Communication of incidents and associated risks. Following any incident, complete an incident report as soon as practicable.
- Respond to alarm activations and security related emergencies within buildings. Support Fire Evacuations as per the agreed policy
- Monitoring of CCTV cameras
- Ensure continuity of service through appropriate shift handover processes
- Notification/escalation of significant issues, both in and out of hours, to appropriate managers
- Follow company procedures including health and safety requirements and the use of computer equipment for processing work task information.
- Use equipment provided to receive and record work information.
- Maintain an effective and safe working environment.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed accurately.
- Maintain effective customer and working relationships.
- Ensure uniform is always kept clean and presentable.
- Be first aid trained and carry out first aid duties.
- Assist with furniture moves on the site.
- Assist with any operational requirements and potential cover caretaking when required.
- Undertake void unit checks.
- Undertake cleaning tasks where necessary.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Must be SIA DS licensed with a good working knowledge of security procedures and processes.
- Willing to undertake SIA CCTV License & First aid training.
- Ability to take responsibility.
- Work on own initiative with a proactive approach as part of a wider team.
- Excellent understanding of written and spoken English
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications (email, word, excel)
- COSHH Awareness & Cleaning task knowledge
- Flexible approach to working practices and working out of hours.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commitment to and understanding of confidentiality of company and client information.
- Customer focused approach to work
- An understanding and ability to adhere to the principles of quality and equality in the workplace.
- Sets and maintains very high personal and professional standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £11.00 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Northampton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- security: 2 years (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- SIA (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person