To Undertake cleaning tasks and create and maintain a quality standard of cleaning to the agreed specification within set time limits.
- Can proactively undertake various cleaning activities, including using chemicals and equipment such as floor polishers and vacuum cleaners etc.
- Understand the importance of and can adhere to health and safety legislation and policies and procedures to provide a safe and appropriate service to the prison environment.
- Are able to remain calm under pressure and work in an environment which requires a methodical approach and ability to work to deadlines.
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, buffing and vacuum cleaning of designated areas to the required standard.
- To collect all waste and recyclables and transport to the disposal area.
- To monitor all floor surfaces removing litter and chewing gum and to ensure spillages are cleaned up immediately before they become a hazard.
- To clean toilets, baby change, and rest room facilities to the required standard and to ensure that consumables are replenished as required.
- To use powered equipment where necessary (ride on and pedestrian scrubbing machines, wet vac machines, sweeping machines, pressure washers, escalator cleaning machines, vacuum cleaners).
- To remove waste and operate waste equipment when trained to do so.
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed.
- Clearing up after flooding and/or any other emergency cleaning.
- Presentable in appearance and positive in approach to duties
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Provide an immediate response to any major/minor incident occurring.
- Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management
- To remove snow, spread ice melt and display Slippery Floor signage to ensure that all surfaces are safe.
- Adhere to all health and safety instructions.
- Inform your supervisor of any defects in equipment and/or of premises not meeting health and safety standards.
- Maintain all equipment used in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Undertake any training deemed relevant to the position.
- Liaise daily with your supervisor reporting to them any information or occurrences relevant to the provision of the service.
- Report to your supervisor immediately if, for any reason, you cannot complete your allocated task.
- Carry out cleaning in any area within your permanent establishment at the discretion of your supervisor.
- To report defects noticed in the course of your duties.
- To comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to equipment, cleaning chemicals, safety notices and signage.
- This is not an all-inclusive list and Duty Cleaners will be expected to undertake any other duties which may be regarded as within the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- To undertake the required training for the role.
Overtime available, you may be required additional training for First aid, Compactor, Bailer, Security Awareness, Fire Marshall etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication skills
- BICS Training (desirable)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.92 per hour
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Northampton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- cleaning: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person